Child Welfare

Frequently Asked Questions

How do I make a child abuse or neglect report?

Contact the Statewide Intake Hotline for Child Protective Services (CPS) (800) 252-5400 or online.

How can I get questions answered regarding a families’ involvement with Child Protective Services?

Contact the assigned CPS Caseworker at (512) 834-3195 (select #4) or go to the CPS website.

How do I contact my Child Protective Services Caseworker?

Call the local Child Protective Services Office – for Travis County residents call (512) 834-3195 and select option #4; this link; for residents outside of Travis County go to the DFPS contact map.

How can I have my infant/toddler assessed for delays?

Contact your local Early Childhood Intervention (ECI) program


Children First

The Children First Program is a voluntary, strength-based home visiting program that provides services intended to enhance the abilities of parent/caregivers to protect their children from abuse/neglect.

Child Protective Services Board

The Travis County Children's Protective Services Board is comprised of up to 15 members appointed by the Travis County Commissioners for three year terms. Members volunteer their time and talents to advocate for the protection and well-being of those Travis County children who are in the care of the Texas Department of Family and Protective Services (TDFPS) Child Protective Services Division.

Child Protective Services Reintegration Project

The CPS Reintegration Project provides home- and community-based services to a small number of youth who are involved in the CPS system and have mental health challenges.

Family Drug Treatment Court

The Travis County Family Drug Treatment Court is a program for parents who are struggling with problems of alcohol/drug addiction and are involved in the Child Protective Services Civil Court system of Travis County.

Healthy Families

Healthy Families Travis County is a voluntary, home-visiting program for overburdened parents and their families.

I want to...