Community Development Block Grant
The Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) program funds housing, infrastructure and social services projects for residents with low and moderate income that live in the unincorporated areas of Travis County. Residents and non-profit agencies can help determine projects by providing project ideas and proposals.
More about CDBG
CDBG funding comes from the U.S. Department of Housing and Community Development. The program provides annual grants on a formula basis to entitled cities and counties to develop viable urban communities by providing decent housing and a suitable living environment, and by expanding economic opportunities, principally for low- and moderate-income persons. Visit the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development web site for more information.
News & Announcements
- Invitation to comment on the Program Year 2015 CDBG Annual Report, also known as the Consolidated Annual Program Performance and Evaluation Report (CAPER). Invitation available in English and in Spanish. Comments will be accepted from November 28, 2016 to December 12, 2016, and at a public hearing on December 6, 2016. A copy of the draft PY15 CAPER and a summary are available for review from November 28th thru December 12th, 2016.
- Want to know which CDBG services you can apply for? Learn about our current projects.
- Community Health Assessment and Health Improvement Plan
- Turn in a project proposal
- Learn about the Recovery Act Project