Who we are
A Department of Travis County that serves the community under the guidance of the Commissioners Court
What we do
Address community needs through internal and external investments and services
What we strive to accomplish
Maximize quality of life for all people in Travis County
- Protect vulnerable populations
- Invest in social and economic well-being
- Promote healthy living: physical, behavioral, and environmental
- Build a shared understanding of our community
We value helping people.
- We provide accessible, person-centered services with respect and care.
- We work to empower people through our service to them, always honoring the strengths and differences of the individuals and families of Travis County.
We value the accountability and integrity of our staff.
- We value the diversity of our staff and the experience each of us brings to TCHHS.
- We honor our collective service to the public, including the careful stewardship of public funds.
- We value the quality services we provide to the community in a spirit of shared responsibility.
We value cooperation and collaboration in the community at large and within TCHHS.
- We are interdependent and connected.
- We treat one another with respect and value effective communication and teamwork.
- We honor our partners in the community and engage with them to more efficiently and effectively serve our clients.