Tell us the needs of your community
Tell us about your community needs and recommend CDBG projects by:
- Attending public hearings
- Submitting Project Proposal
Attend a Public Hearing
The CDBG office holds public hearings three times a year:
- During the Spring (February/March), residents have the opportunity to present community needs and recommend project ideas for the next program year.
- During the Summer (June/July) residents have the opportunity to comment on the recommended projects for the next program year.
- During the Fall (November/December) residents can comment on the program's annual report.
Upcoming Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) public hearings will give residents the opportunity to present community needs and recommend projects for the next program year. For more information, see the invitation in English and Spanish (Español).
Submit a Project Proposal
If you have a specific project idea, submit a project proposal for Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) funds.
- Project Proposal Form Instructions
- Project Proposal Form Jurisdictions and TC Departments
- Project Proposal Form Nonprofits
- Project Proposal Form Residents
Submit your Project Proposal:
- By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- By mail: 502 East Highland Mall Blvd. P.O. Box 1748 Austin, TX 78767
Forms are also available at any of Travis County's seven community centers.
- Project proposals can be submitted by community residents, non-profit agencies and Travis County departments.
- Proposals are accepted at any time throughout the year, however those received after March 31st, are considered for the subsequent program year.
- Funds are limited and demand generally far exceeds availability, therefore funding of submitted proposals is not guaranteed.
- Implementation of projects generally takes a few years.
Can't attend a Community Needs Forum?
If you can't attend one of the Spring public meetings, you may also participate by filling out the following Survey by March 31st of this year. Additionally, you can propose a project idea by submitting a Project Proposal Form by March 31st of this year. To download the form and instructions, see the links above under “Submit a Project Proposal".