What We Do
Provide a variety of work-based learning opportunities to youth throughout the City of Austin and Travis County to include recruitment, training, placement (750 youth), and monitoring of the youth.
Who We Serve
Youth between the ages of 14-17 who reside in the City of Austin and Travis County that are enrolled and attending school to include youth with disabilities up to the age of 22.
- Must be currently enrolled and attending school
- Must have a valid current school year Student ID or Report Card
- Must have a Social Security Card
- Must be 14 years of age by April 1 of current year
- Must complete 15 hours of Job Readiness Training
How to Participate
Contact the Work-Based Learning/Summer Youth Employment Program’s office beginning the first week of January to be scheduled for the required 15 hours of Job Readiness Training. All training must be completed by March 31st.
Our source of funding comes from Travis County and the City of Austin.
Call (512) 854-4590 to find out how you can participate or e-mail us at: Hhs.firstname.lastname@example.org