Family Support Services has a social worker at each of our seven community centers who provide clinical case management services to any residents of Travis County who want to develop a plan and create change in their lives. All Travis County residents are eligible to receive social work services, however eligibility criteria do apply for financial assistance and other programs.

In 2011, more than 1700 households accessed social work services from eight social workers.

How Can a Social Worker Help?

A social worker can help in many ways, including:

  • CONNECTING you to community programs.
  • Looking at your unique situation, and needs.
  • LISTENING to your concerns and providing supportive counseling.
  • Helping you to plan and develop goals.
  • ASSISTING you with improving your coping and problem-solving skills.
  • Teaching and practicing budgeting and money management skills with you.
  • ADVOCATING for you with utility companies, landlords, school systems, and other service providers.
  • IMPROVING the quality of life for individuals, families and children.

What Services are Provided?

Case Management Services

Information and referrals for employment, housing, medical, mental health needs, and more.

Goal Planning and Assessment

Assist with developing long range goals. Help applying for SSI/SSDI, Medicaid, SNAP, Disability Fare Card, and other services.

Brief Counseling Services

Crisis intervention, individual/family counseling, youth services.

Community Outreach Services

Participate in community events. Provide presentations at neighborhood centers, schools and community meetings.

Services may be provided in your home, at our office, or at a place in the community.

Please call or visit one of our centers to talk to a social worker.

Find a center near you.