Application Process

Applications for assistance with rent, mortgage, or utility bills are accepted at all seven locations from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm Monday through Friday. Please include as many of the required documents as possible when you turn in your application.

Once received, your application will be placed on the waiting list for that site. When your turn in line comes up, a case worker will call you to discuss your application and next steps.

Required Documents

  • Photo ID (drivers' license, military ID, State ID, etc.)
  • Social Security Card/Numbers for any household members who have them
  • Proof of ALL household income for the past 30 days (pay checks, check stubs, Social Security award letters for current year, unemployment, child support, workers compensation, etc.)
  • For utility assistance bring your current utility bill or termination notice
  • For rent or mortgage assistance bring current lease or mortgage statement
  • For CEAP Utility Assistance, proof of identification and citizenship is required for all household members

Failure to provide the required documents will delay or deny the processing of your request for assistance.

Document library

Intake Procedure

  • Applicants are required to complete an application at any of the seven centers in Travis County.
  • Travis County residents may apply at any of the community centers for basic needs services, utility assistance, food pantry etc.
  • Applicants unable to visit centers in-person can call for an application to be mailed, faxed, or emailed or send a family or friend on their behalf with their photo ID, letter of authorization and application.


Community Center Locations