Applications for assistance with rent, mortgage, or utility bills are accepted at all seven locations from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm Monday through Friday. Please include as many of the required documents as possible when you turn in your application.
Once received, your application will be placed on the waiting list for that site. When your turn in line comes up, a case worker will call you to discuss your application and schedule an appointment.
Your application is good for 30 days. If you have not heard from us within 30 days and you are still in need of assistance, you may call us to have your application extended for another 30 days or you may come back in to reapply.
- Photo ID (drivers' license, military ID, State ID, etc.)
- Social Security Card & Numbers for ALL household members who have them
- Proof of ALL household income for the past 30 days (check stubs, Social Security award letters for current year, unemployment, child support, workers comp, Workforce Solutions registration printout, etc.)
- For utility assistance bring your current utility bill or termination notice
- For rent or mortgage assistance bring proof of amount owed (letter from landlord, mortgage statement, etc.)
- Proof of Travis County residency
Failure to provide the required documents will delay or deny the processing of your request for assistance.
- Applicants are required to complete an application at any of the seven centers in Travis County.
- Travis County residents may apply at any of the community centers for basic needs services, utility assistance, food pantry etc.
- Applicants unable to visit centers can call for an application to be mailed, faxed, or emailed or send a family or friend on their behalf with their photo ID, letter of authorization and application.