Do you have an environmental concern in the county?

Environmental investigations may be conducted by one of several departments and agencies. Below is a guide to determine the appropriate contact for your concern:

Travis County Environmental Quality Program can investigate water quality and storm water violations that occur in the unincorporated areas of the county. Travis County does not have authority to investigate complaints within any city limits. Complainants may remain anonymous, if requested.

City of Austin residents can call 311 or (512) 974-2339 to report environmental concerns.

Residents of our other municipalities should contact their code enforcement officer or the Texas Commission of Environmental Quality (TCEQ) Regional Office at: (512) 339-2929.

To report an environmental concern within the county, contact us at: Ph. (512) 854-4400 or email us. If your concern is not within our jurisdiction, we can help you determine if there is a governmental entity with the authority to investigate the site of concern.

If your complaint is in an unincorporated area of the county and relates to trash, junk vehicles, rodent harborage, mosquitos, or other nuisances on private property, contact the Austin/Travis County Health and Human Services Environmental Health Unit at (512) 978-0300.

If your complaint is about trash, obstructions, or illegal dumping on a county-maintained road or right-of-way, contact Travis County Transportation and Natural Resources at (512) 854-9383.

If your complaint is related to a failing septic system, uncontrolled or unpermitted construction site, or an illegal driveway in an unincorporated area of the county, call Travis County Development Services at (512) 854-9383.

If your complaint or concern is adjacent to the Highland Lakes or is subject to the Highland Lakes Watershed Ordinance, contact the LCRA at (512) 473-3200 or (800) 776-5272.