Family Law Court Costs and Reporting Requirements for the District Courts
The following fees apply only to the District Courts in Travis County.
General Reporting Requirements:
Certain forms are required in family law matters to comply with State and local reporting requirements. These forms may be picked up at the district clerk's office in the Travis County Courthouse, 1000 Guadalupe, room 302. To speed processing of decrees/orders, the required copies and forms should be submitted at the time any final decree/order is filed with the District Clerk.
Forms Required for Final Family Law Orders
- For final order in suit affecting the Family Relationship (Excluding Adoptions), Complete the VS-165 form.
- For an adoption or termination and adoption, complete the VS-160 form.
- For a request for wage assignment issuance complete a Request to Establish DRO Account. Provide a signed copy of the withholding order. This form is available in room 302.
- For final Protective Orders, complete the Confidential Information Sheet.
- E-mail the Travis County District Clerk requesting to view the Administrative Record in office by using the e-mail DCSEA@traviscountytv.gov.
- The Subject Line of the e-mail must contain the following: "Request for Administrative Record (Cause Number and Party Names)"
- Specify a requested time and date for viewing the record in office.
- Note: 5 business days is required to process the request.
- The requester will receive an e-mail confirming the following:
- Whether the record is paper or electronic format;
- If a portion of the record is on CD/USB/DVD, cost for a copy will be charged $40.00 or more (costs vary depending on size of record).
- Copies are provided on a CD/USB/DVD.
- The time and date to view the record at the District Clerk’s office located at Heman Marion Sweatt Courthouse, 1000 Guadalupe St. Room 103, Austin, TX.
- Pick-up or Mail:
- An e-mail confirmation will be sent once the copy is ready for pick-up or the cost to mail the document using the USPS via Certified Mail.
- Call 512/854-5885 and leave a message and a return call should occur within 2 business days.
Charge is per page unless otherwise noted
|Certified copy||$ 1.00 per page + $ 1.00 certification fee|
|Photocopy (uncertified)||$ 1.00|
|Microfilm copy||$ 1.00|
|Self-service photocopy||$ 0.75|
|Docket Sheet print out cost per page, Selfservice microfilm||$ 1.00|
The District Clerk of Travis County provides this Schedule of Court Costs and Fees for your convenience. The filing fees for civil cases are authorized by several statutes and is comprised of the following fees:
|Copy Fee (tax/non tax)||$ 1.00|
|Records Management Fee Civil||$ 5.00|
|Security Service Fee Civil||$ 5.00|
|Legal Services Indigent Fee||$ 5.00|
|District Clerk Records Management Pres Fee||$ 5.00|
|Appellate Judicial System||$ 5.00|
|District Court Record Archive Fee||$ 10.00|
|Court Record Preservation Fee||$ 10.00|
|Alt Dispute Resol Fee Civil||$ 15.00|
|DRO Operations Fee||$ 15.00|
|Court Reporter Fee Civil||$ 15.00|
|Central Adoption Registry Fnd||$ 15.00|
|Civil Courthouse Fee||$ 15.00|
|Library Fee District Law Library||$ 35.00|
|Judiciary Civil Filing Fee||$ 42.00|
|Civil Fees District Clerk||$ 50.00|
|State Filing Fee||$ 45.00|
|Other Family||$ 292.00|
|Petition for Habeas Corpus||$ 292.00|
|Change of Name||$ 293.00|
|Removal of Disabilities||$ 293.00|
|Separate Maintenance||$ 307.00|
|Voluntary Legitimation||$ 307.00|
|Parent-Child Relationship||$ 307.00|
|Divorce Waiver with Children||$ 324.00|
|Divorce without Children||$ 308.00|
|Adult Adoption / Foreign Adoption||$ 292.00|
|Termination (Private, TDPRS/Marywood)||$ 307.00|
Effective May 15, 2007: Investigation Fee and Guardian Ad Litem Fee will be processed through the Domestic Relations Office.
|Counterclaim, Cross Action, Intervention, Third Party||$ 70.00|
|Motions for New Trial, Rehearing, Reconsideration||$ 70.00|
|Motion for Contempt||$ 40.00|
|Motion for Enforce, Modify||$ 45.00|
|Motion to Revoke, Stay, Transfer||$ 30.00|
|Jury Demand||$ 30.00|
|Citation, Subpoena, Notice, Temporary Restraining Order, Certified Notice Show Cause, Writ of Attachment / Habeas Corpus, Commission to Take Deposition / Letters Rogatory||
|License Suspension Notice to Agency||$ 5.00|
|Change of Name Certificate||$ 10.00|
|Writ of Withholding/Order of Withholding||$ 15.00|
|Citation (all types), Subpoena,* Notices: Show Cause / Certified
*The $75.00 subpoena service fee does not include the $10.00 witness payment fee, which must be submitted separately
|Injunction, Restraining Order, Writs of Habeas||$ 115.00|
Protective Order fees charged to case but do not have to be paid by Applicant
|Writ of Attachment||$ 155.00|