Welcome to the Travis County Online Payment Portal
The online portal is designed to make payments of fees, fines and other county services fast, secure, and convenient.
Before you begin...
- It takes 3 business days to process all online payments. In order to pay court fees, you MUST have your cause number. This can be found in your billing statement or court order. See example
- If you cannot find your billing statement or court order, call the District Clerk Office and ask for your cause number. You may then return to this page and continue:
- Civil and Family Cases: (512) 854-9457
THE FOLLOWING TERMS AND CONDITIONS GOVERN THE USE OF THIS WEBSITE AND THE ACCEPTANCE OF CREDIT CARDS. PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY.
- Although the Travis County District Clerk makes every effort to ensure that information provided is accurate, neither Travis County nor any agency, officer, elected official or employee of Travis County, warrants the accuracy, reliability, or timeliness of any information on this web site and shall not be liable for any losses caused by such reliance on the accuracy, reliability or timeliness of such information, including, but not limited to incidental and consequential damages. There is no guarantee that this online payment application will show all of your unpaid cases. If you require additional information about a case not found here, please contact the District Court Clerk at the following number: (512) 854-9457.
- When making a payment online, please allow 3 business days for your payment to process and be posted to your court case. Outstanding arrest warrants may still be enforced against you during the 3 business days prior to the payment posting to your court case. It is important that you keep your receipt for proof of payment.
- Completion of this transaction is contingent upon the authorization of payment by your credit card company or bank. In the event your payment is not processed or authorized by your credit card company or bank, your payment liability shall remain outstanding and unpaid. You will be subject to all applicable penalties, late fees and interest charges assessed by Travis County, all of which obligations remain your sole responsibilities.
BY CLICKING THE BUTTON BELOW YOU ARE ACCEPTING AND AGREEING TO ALL CONDITIONS OF THE TRAVIS COUNTY DISTRICT CLERK WEBSITE
If you know the name of the defendant, contact us by phone at (512) 854-9457.
Without a vendor, the District Clerk’s office would not be able to offer credit cards payments because the Texas Property Tax Code prohibits collection of any fee other than the actual court cost/fines due. Similar to federal, state, and other local government online payment portals, a convenience fee of $3.00 up to $100.00 or 3% over $100.00 of the total payment is collected by the vendor for credit card transactions processed in-person, by phone, and online. The transaction on your credit card statement will be listed as Government Payments. Travis County does not collect any portion of the fees.
The vendor processing all credit card payments on behalf of Travis County lists transactions paid through their site as Government Payments.
Yes. Upon completion of your payment, a receipt page is displayed with your Reference # and Transaction ID. The receipt page may be printed and kept with your records. You will also receive an electronic confirmation via email as proof that your payment has been made, when a valid email address is provided.
You may make a full or partial payment through this service. However, you will still need to pay the remaining balance by the payment due date to avoid penalties, as partial payments may not satisfy the terms set forth in your court order signed by the judge. Even if partial payments have been made, legal action may still be enforceable.
At this time only civil court costs are available to pay online.
Other Payment Options and Methods
- In person: Visa, MasterCard, Discover, AmEx, Money Order, Cashier's check, Personal/Business check, or Cash
- By mail: Money Order or Cashier's/Personal/Business check
- By phone: (512) 854-9457 - Visa, MasterCard, Discover, AmEx
- ALL PAYMENTS MUST INCLUDE THE CAUSE NUMBER
MAKE CHECKS PAYABLE TO:
Travis County District Clerk
MAIL CHECKS TO:
Travis County District Clerk
ATTN: Collections Department
P.O. BOX 679003
Austin, TX 78767
PAYMENTS MAY BE PAID IN PERSON AT THE FOLLOWING ADDRESS:
Heman Marion Sweatt Courthouse
District Clerk's office
1000 Guadalupe, 3rd floor, Room 302
Austin, TX 78701 (map)