NOTICE: Due to the heavy volume of requests, the U.S. State Department is experiencing a delay in passport application processing. We encourage you to apply as early as possible.
Passport processing location:
Passport Photo Details
You can now save time by having your passport photo taken at the district clerk's office when you present your application. The fee for a passport photo is $10.00. Payment for the photo is accepted in cash or by credit card. If you choose to have your passport photo taken elsewhere, a single color photo is required.
Passport photo requirements:
- The photo must be 2x2 inches in size and be no more than 6 months old.
- Your full face should be visible (no headgear) and be between 1 inch and 1 3/8 inches long from the bottom of the chin to the top of the head.
- Wear normal street clothing (no uniform unless it is daily religious attire) and any glasses, hearing devices, wigs, or similar articles that you typically wear.
- Dark glasses are not allowed unless you have a medical certificate.
- The background should be white or off-white.
If you are using a digital photo, make sure the print is photo-quality and very clear. The photo paper should be thin enough to be pressed onto the passport and should not contain any special finishes or embossing.