Bail Bond Board
Meeting Schedule and Location
The Travis County Bail Bond Board meets on the first Wednesday of every month at noon in the Travis County Administration Building located at 700 Lavaca Street, Austin, Texas 78701 on the 1st floor, in Multifunction Room B (Room 1.113). (Map).
Bail Bond Board Responsibilities
Pursuant to the provisions of Chapter 1704, Texas Occupation Code, the Travis County Bail Bond Board is responsible for:
- Supervising and regulating each phase of the bonding business in Travis County;
- Depositing fees collected through the bonding business in the general fund of Travis County;
- Adopting and posting rules necessary to implement the Bail Bond Board’s powers and duties;
- Conducting hearings and investigations and making determinations relating to the issuance, denial or renewal of licenses;
- Issuing licenses to qualified applicants and denying licenses to unqualified applicants;
- Employing persons necessary to assist in board functions; and
- Conducting board business, including maintaining records and minutes.