(LETTERS, PROCLAMATIONS AND RESOLUTIONS)
All requests will go through an internal review and approval process.
- All requests must be submitted in a neatly printed or typed format.
- Decisions regarding editing, language and appropriate document choice will be made by the County Judge's office.
- All requests must be received at least 3-4 weeks prior to the date the document is needed at the following address:
Travis County Judge Sarah Eckhardt's Office
Events & Recognitions
P.O. Box 1748
Austin, TX 78767
- Letters of request may be emailed to email@example.com or faxed to 512-854-9535.
- All requests must include the name and daytime telephone number/email address of the contact person.
- Submitting a draft of the document desired with the request will expedite the process considerably.
- Requests for a ceremonial document are limited to one per organization and/or individual per year. Exceptions will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis. Only one original document will be issued per event.
- Ceremonial documents may be picked up after you have been notified at Travis County Judge Sarah Eckhardt's Office, 700 Lavaca Street, Suite 2.300 between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- All requests must follow the appropriate criteria highlighted in the following sections.
Proclamations will be issued for civic celebrations; organizations and individuals; significant events; significant anniversaries of major Travis County-based institutions and corporations; fundraisers benefiting the residents of Travis County; and individuals who have made a significant contribution to society or achieved a significant birthday (100 years).
- What is being proclaimed: Jane Doe Day
- What date is being proclaimed
- Brief history of organization or biography of the person, purpose, goals, motto or theme. If funds are to be raised, list who will benefit from the event and what will take place during this time of celebration or recognition. If possible, include a brochure.
Resolutions will be presented to Travis County Commissioners Court for approval on designated Court Days. Resolutions may be requested for major civic celebrations; significant events of organizations; major fundraisers benefiting the residents of Travis County; individuals who have made a significant contribution to society; and specific items deemed necessary or important by the Court.
- What is being recognized or honored
- What date is being recognized or honored
- Brief history of organization or biography of the person, purpose, goals, motto or theme. If funds are to be raised, list who will benefit from the event, and what will take place during this time of celebration or recognition. Appropriate back-up information is required and, if possible, include a brochure.
Letters of Welcome will be issued for the following:
- Class reunions for schools and institutions in Travis County or for reunions held in Travis County
- (Color photograph of the Travis County Judge will be furnished for souvenir publications upon request.)
Letters of Congratulation or Celebration will be issued for the following:
- Appreciation – Outstanding contributions to Travis County and to the citizens of Travis County
- Eagle/Girl Scout Gold Awards
- Professional Celebrations
- Anniversaries and Celebrations
- Significant Birthdays or Anniversaries
- Governor Appointment
- Indicate the title or nature of the event, the specific date, a brief history of the organization, a biographical sketch of the person and any other pertinent information.