Where do I need to go to get a refund of my cash bond?

If the Cash Bond being refunded was for a Felony Case: contact the Travis County District Clerk’s Office at 512-854-9420 or in person at the Criminal Justice Center, 509 W. 11th Street, Room 1.400, Austin, Texas 78701.

If you are receiving a Cash Bond refund for a Civil Case: contact the Travis County Clerk’s Misdemeanor Records Division at 512-854-9188 or in person at the Travis County Courthouse, 1000 Guadalupe Street, Austin, Texas 78701.

The hours that I worked on the last election check are wrong. Who do I need to talk to?

The Treasurer’s Office disburses your payment only, the County Clerk’s Office submits your hours for payment. Contact the Elections Division at 512-854-4996 ask for Mishon Davis or Davia Hicks.

I received a check but I don’t know what it’s for?

You may contact our office at 512-854-9365 for assistance. If are unable to assist you we will refer you to the Auditor’s Office Accounts Payable Division at 512-854-9125.

I lost or never received my check. What do I need to do to receive a replacement?

An AFFIDAVIT OF LOST OR DESTROYED CHECK is required by TEXAS LOCAL GOVERNMENT CODE 113.041 (e) for all replacement checks which must be signed in front of a Notary. Our office will usually have a Notary Public available for this purpose. We ask that you schedule in advance, if you require this service.

The typical waiting period for a check replacement once the Affidavit is submitted is two to four weeks.

Property Tax Questions

Travis County has its own Tax Assessor/Collector. Answers to questions regarding property tax or property tax assessment must be directed to that department. They can be reached at 512-854-9473.


Dolores Ortega Carter, Treasurer

700 Lavaca, Suite 1.300
Austin, TX 78701 (Map)

Phone: (512) 854-9365
Fax: (512) 854-9361