Skip to main content

Federal ARPA Funds for Local Investment - Direction

More
2 years 10 months ago #918 by CommissionerAnn
Many thanks to PBO and team for the work done to understand the opportunities and responsibilities with ARPA, and especially now with the Local Fiscal Recovery Fund allocation. We have a 27-month period to invest unusually large sums of federal tax dollars here at home.  This will stretch us and challenge us to use all of our experience to date to make wise yet bold decisions on spending, and then smart and tough decisions as we review outcomes and course correct to achieve results.Staff has proposed a 3 Track structure for spending, which I can support, yet it requires our input and direction.   Early on, we all listed priorities that need addressing and we have heard from many people across the County about needs and opportunities to scale solutions to hunger, housing, early childhood, workforce, and community resiliency.   I have drafted my version of the funding allocation, which aligns with Staff’s presentation page 38 and our early priorities. I added to Track 1 based on lots of community engagement, data and plans.  I concur that Track 2 programs will take some time to develop, but for many,  the work has begun to address urgent need and risk.  I want to give staff direction to work on these buckets, and I want to indicate to the community that we intend to work on these buckets – with partners – in the weeks and months ahead.  Please consider how we can come to some consensus around these buckets for work in Track 2.Obviously as we progress thru this, we might learn of other federal monies that can augment or even free up some of these dollars to increase investments in other areas.  Court and staff 
My proposal is attached!    

File Attachment:

File Name: Proposalfo...nds.docx
File Size:18 KB

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
2 years 10 months ago #919 by CommissionerAnn
I have corrected some math here. So please refer to this chart ending in AH.

More
2 years 9 months ago #926 by CommissionerAnn
As we consider investing ARPA funds to address homelessness, I’d support adding direction to staff to bring back a plan for contributing $100M to the Community Plan to Rehouse 3000 people over the next 3 years that meets these guidelines:
1. County is joined by both public and private funders to achieve the budgetary commitment needed to execute the Plan, which exceeds $500M.
2. County commitment will be made consistent with County Financial principles and budgetary guidelines such as but not limited to Use of 1x Revenue, Performance Measures, Collaboration, Public Scrutiny and Special 1x Funding for Select New Programs.
3. County commitment will leverage local, state and federal funds to increase capacity in a participation by culturally reflective service providers;
4. County commitment will leverage local, state and federal funds to increase access to mental health treatment, substance use disorder treatment, job training, job creation and other employment services, safe diversion from jail for people with health issues and housing stability strategies including but not limited to Targeted Prevention, Bridge Housing, Rapid Rehousing and Permanent Supportive Housing.
5. County will engage with the public at least semi-annually to garner feedback on the use of public funding dedicated to this Plan.

More
2 years 9 months ago #927 by CommissionerAnn
As we consider investing ARPA funds to address homelessness, I’d support adding direction to staff to bring back a plan for contributing $100M to the Community Plan to Rehouse 3000 people over the next 3 years that meets these guidelines:
1. County is joined by both public and private funders to achieve the budgetary commitment needed to execute the Plan, which exceeds $500M.
2. County commitment will be made consistent with County Financial principles and budgetary guidelines such as but not limited to Use of 1x Revenue, Performance Measures, Collaboration, Public Scrutiny and Special 1x Funding for Select New Programs.
3. County commitment will leverage local, state and federal funds to increase capacity in a participation by culturally reflective service providers;
4. County commitment will leverage local, state and federal funds to increase access to mental health treatment, substance use disorder treatment, job training, job creation and other employment services, safe diversion from jail for people with health issues and housing stability strategies including but not limited to Targeted Prevention, Bridge Housing, Rapid Rehousing and Permanent Supportive Housing.
5. County will engage with the public at least semi-annually to garner feedback on the use of public funding dedicated to this Plan.

More
2 years 9 months ago #928 by CommissionerAnn

Time to create page: 5.550 seconds

TAX RATE: TRAVIS COUNTY ADOPTED A TAX RATE THAT WILL RAISE MORE TAXES FOR MAINTENANCE AND OPERATIONS THAN LAST YEAR’S TAX RATE. THE TAX RATE WILL EFFECTIVELY BE RAISED BY 3.5 PERCENT AND WILL RAISE TAXES FOR MAINTENANCE AND OPERATIONS ON A $100,000 HOME BY APPROXIMATELY $9.12.