Skip to main content

Online Message Board

7/19 Voting Session time-management

• SarahEckhardt
More
5 years 4 months ago #178 by SarahEckhardt
7/19 Voting Session time-management was created by SarahEckhardt
It came to light during the agenda setting meeting on Wednesday that we have an extremely heavy load next Tuesday. Even after moving several items that are not time-sensitive to future Tuesdays, I estimate 7.5 hours of deliberation for 6.5 hours of time. I have asked our County executives to look for any other items that can be delayed to a later agenda. But I wanted to give my colleagues the heads-up that it is likely we will shorten our lunch break and I will be holding us to rather tight time-management. I predict the following items may require testimony and/or deliberation:

• 30 min. – Emergency Services (flooding, outdoor burning, creation of ESD 7)
  • 45 min. – Appointments (CPS Board, TCAD Board, Sobriety Center Board)
  • 1 hr. – PBO (Wildhorse PID, CFCC)
  • 45 min. – Courthouse Security
  • 15 min. – HIPAA
  • 45 min. – Public Works final report
  • 1 hr. – Executive Session
These are not the only items on the agenda, just the items that I predict will be unpredictable in the amount of time they will take. Please help me manage our time so that all items can be reached with adequate deliberation.

- SE

Travis County Judge Sarah Eckhardt

Please Log in to join the conversation.

TAX RATE: TRAVIS COUNTY ADOPTED A TAX RATE THAT WILL RAISE MORE TAXES FOR MAINTENANCE AND OPERATIONS THAN LAST YEAR’S TAX RATE. THE TAX RATE WILL EFFECTIVELY BE RAISED BY 3.5 PERCENT AND WILL RAISE TAXES FOR MAINTENANCE AND OPERATIONS ON A $100,000 HOME BY APPROXIMATELY $10.39.

logo tc seal
©  Travis County. All Rights Reserved.