Skip to main content
Commissioners Court (CATAA-lyst) (Upcoming Agenda Items)

Work Session 9/27/18 re: Com Ct Subcommittees

• SarahEckhardt
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
5 years 7 months ago #491 by SarahEckhardt
Work Session 9/27/18 re: Com Ct Subcommittees was created by SarahEckhardt
Commissioners:
Since I do not sit on subcommittees, I anticipate next week's work session will be driven by your views with regard to:
1. What is working
2. What isn't working
3. What you would like to end/change/begin

Will you share your thoughts on these three questions on the Message Board by Friday 8/21/18 at close of business? My goal is to share your ideas with appropriate staff (e.g. county executives, County Attorney) so that they can better prepare to assist you in your subcommittee work. The likely posted language for the work session will be:

Receive presentation and discuss subcommittees of the Commissioners Court including:
A. Purpose of the subcommittees
B. Manner of accomplishing purpose
C. Open Meetings considerations; and
D. Rotating assignments to subcommittees

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
5 years 7 months ago #493 by MartinZamzow
These are Commissioner Daugherty's comments on the 3 questions for next Thursday's Work Session item regarding subcommittees.
1. What is working?
Not to sound cynical, my response to "what's working" would be a "left-handed" compliment... The subcommittee structure is perhaps (?) better than nothing, but woefully inadequate!
2. What isn't working?
The Court members have almost no ability to really effectuate productive, measurable changes so County government can operate more productively verses accepting the status quo.
3. What would you like to end/change/begin?
I'm willing to keep our subcommittee structure as is, BUT have a commitment that we will have in place a County Manager/Administrator hired by June 1, 2019. I want this as an agenda item no later than October 15 of 2018. If we don't vote to do this, then I suggest that those who do not vote for it should be given the responsibility of creating the structure to run Travis County government.

Martin Zamzow
Executive Assistant

The Office of Travis County Precinct Three Commissioner Gerald Daugherty

More
5 years 6 months ago #496 by charlesb
Judge and Commissioners,
I'll be meeting with medical directors this afternoon so will miss some, perhaps all, of the work session. I've asked Lauren Hill to attend and take notes, which I'll review with her later.
Regarding item D, rotating assignments to subcommittees, I'd offer that there may be some justification for keeping the Precinct 3 commissioner as a member of the public safety subcommittee due to a plurality of TC Emergency Services Districts residing in that precinct.
Thank you.

Time to create page: 5.252 seconds

TAX RATE: TRAVIS COUNTY ADOPTED A TAX RATE THAT WILL RAISE MORE TAXES FOR MAINTENANCE AND OPERATIONS THAN LAST YEAR’S TAX RATE. THE TAX RATE WILL EFFECTIVELY BE RAISED BY 3.5 PERCENT AND WILL RAISE TAXES FOR MAINTENANCE AND OPERATIONS ON A $100,000 HOME BY APPROXIMATELY $9.12.