Has your vehicle failed the emissions portion of the required annual inspection?
OR Is your vehicle at least 10 years old?
If so, you may qualify for assistance with vehicle repairs (emissions related expenses only) or money for a down payment on a newer car. Check to see if you’re eligible:
- Verify that you meet the Income Eligibility requirements
- Make sure your vehicle complies with Vehicle Requirements
- APPLY NOW!
Residents of Travis County must have their vehicle’s emissions system tested once a year. This test is part of the annual safety inspection administered by the Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS). The reason for using the new emission test is to reduce air pollution caused by gasoline powered vehicles that don't function properly.
The AirCheck Texas Repair and Replacement Assistance Program is a voluntary program that provides financial assistance and incentives to remove or repair older polluting vehicles from Texas roadways. In Central Texas, vehicles are the main source of harmful emissions that cause lung-damaging ozone pollution. The AirCheck Texas Program is a key part of Central Texas’ plan to reduce air pollution and its negative effects on our health.
Types of Assistance
- Up to $600 for vehicle emissions related repairs;
- $3,000 for a new car, SUV, or van, current model year or up to three model years old;
- $3,000 for a pick-up truck, current model year or up to two model years old; or
- $3,500 for a hybrid vehicle, electric, natural gas of current or up to three model years old.
Change Coming: Model Year UPDATE
Effective September 1, 2016, eligible vehicles for purchase are:
- Model year 2017-2014 cars, SUVs, and vans;
- Model year 2017-2015 pickup trucks; and
- Model year 2017-2014 hybrid, electric, natural gas and all vehicles that have been certified to meet federal Tier 2, Bin 3 or cleaner Bin certification vehicles.
All vehicles sold on or after September 1 must meet the new eligibility criteria, regardless of the voucher's date of issue or expiration, or status of ongoing sales negotiations with the dealer.
The following model year vehicles will be removed from the eligibility lists and will no longer be eligible for purchase under the DACM program after August 31, 2016. All vehicles sold on or after September 1 must meet new eligibility criteria, regardless of the voucher's date of issue or expiration, or status of ongoing sales negotiations with the dealer.
After August 31, 2016, these vehicles are no longer eligible:
- Model year 2013 cars, SUVs, and vans;
- Model year 2014 trucks