We determine eligibility according to applicable department guidelines.
- Household gross income must be at or below 100% of the Federal Poverty Income Guidelines for the past 30-day period.
- The decedent's income will be considered in the income test only if he/she resided with the applicant at the time of death; otherwise the deceased's income is always considered a resource.
- An eligible decedent must be a Travis County resident at the time of death or must have died in Travis County.
- Applicant must provide proof that he/she is the legal Next of Kin as defined in Texas Health and Safety Code.., Section 711.002, "Disposition of Remains, Duty to Inter"
- Applicant must be at least 18 years of age or an emancipated minor.
- Households must have assets or resources no more than the allowable limit of $2,000.00.