Skip to main content
Commissioners Court (CATAA-lyst) (Upcoming Agenda Items)

Funding sources for Rental Assistance

More
2 years 3 months ago #989 by CommissionerAnn
I appreciate the memo from PBO about funding for rental assistance.  I'd like to amend the recommendation to leave intact the Court's prior decision of ARPA allocation to HHS for the much need purposes of contracting with non-profit organizations and instead draw that additional amount from the remaining unallocated ARPA funds. 

HHS has been waiting to increase capacity to partner with local organizations and this is an opportunity to do so.  Our local non-profits have pivoted in many ways to meet the needs of people impacted by the pandemic and to stay afloat duing the pandemic.

For newer organizations, this could be an opportunity for the County to support capacity building so that young organizations are in a stronger position to further partnership with the County. 

I hope we will not reduce the amount we already allocated to HHS for contracting with non-profit organizations.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 4.540 seconds

TAX RATE: TRAVIS COUNTY ADOPTED A TAX RATE THAT WILL RAISE MORE TAXES FOR MAINTENANCE AND OPERATIONS THAN LAST YEAR’S TAX RATE. THE TAX RATE WILL EFFECTIVELY BE RAISED BY 3.5 PERCENT AND WILL RAISE TAXES FOR MAINTENANCE AND OPERATIONS ON A $100,000 HOME BY APPROXIMATELY $9.12.