Skip to main content
Commissioners Court (CATAA-lyst) (Upcoming Agenda Items)

COVID-19 Volunteer Recognition

More
2 years 8 months ago #936 by KimRomero
Dear Commissioners,I wanted to share with you really wonderful news about the significant contributions of our Travis County community that helped achieve the milestone of 70% of our community receiving at least one COVID-19 vaccine. Volunteers served as a backbone of the Travis County vaccine effort from our very first clinic at Constable Morales Precinct 3 headquarters on January 6 where we provided 641 vaccines. Volunteers continued to provide significant support through our large-scale drive-through clinics at the Circuit of the Americas where thousands of residents were vaccinated on a daily basis. 
  • In total, over 3,000 residents volunteered over 42,000 hours. 
  • Over 320 individuals volunteered three times and nearly 250 volunteered four or more times. 
  • The County estimates that community volunteers provided over $650,000 of value in volunteer hours to support Travis County’s vaccination efforts.  
To recognize these individuals for their commitment and contributions to our community, I would like to propose issuing a proclamation from the Court to recognize those volunteers and our community partners who supported the County Collaborative Vaccine efforts. I know many of you, your staff, and members of your precincts also contributed significantly. The backup for the proclamation will include a list of these individuals and entities. Please post in the comments or send requests for additional volunteer recognitions to our office.  Andy

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 4.489 seconds

TAX RATE: TRAVIS COUNTY ADOPTED A TAX RATE THAT WILL RAISE MORE TAXES FOR MAINTENANCE AND OPERATIONS THAN LAST YEAR’S TAX RATE. THE TAX RATE WILL EFFECTIVELY BE RAISED BY 3.5 PERCENT AND WILL RAISE TAXES FOR MAINTENANCE AND OPERATIONS ON A $100,000 HOME BY APPROXIMATELY $9.12.