Online Message Board

Welcome, Guest
CATAA-lyst (Upcoming Agenda Items)

TOPIC: August CATAA memo

August CATAA memo 3 months 3 weeks ago #291

DELIBERATIONS IN AUGUST
In August, we will continue our deliberations toward a budget to be voted on in September and an infrastructure bond to go before the voters in November. Other big items we will be considering in August include:
  • A number of Emergency Services-related items:
  • • STAR Flight aircraft replacement
    • EMS interlocal agreement with the City of Austin
    • Urban/Wildland interface disaster planning
  • Finalizing CDBG annual planning
  • Negotiations with the City of Austin on the utilization of our shared access to a portion of the Venue Tax
  • Recruitment of key personnel:
  • • Public Information Officer
    • Chief Information Officer
    • County Executive of Operations Management
RESOLUTIONS & PROCLAMATIONS
Our experiment with approving resolutions and proclamations on consent and taking up those requesting recognition on the record (i.e., to be recorded by TCTV and the Clerk) at 11:30 seems to have been a success! I propose that we continue a presumption that resolutions and proclamations will go consent without being taken up at 11:30 unless the Court sponsor requests otherwise. When submitting an agenda request for a resolution or proclamation, please indicate if you want the item taken up at 11:30 so that we know whether or not that last half-hour of the morning will be available for deliberation of other agenda items.

CATAA-LYST, AGENDA, AND RUNNING ORDER WEEKLY PROCESS
I hope the CATAA-lyst has been useful to you, your staff, and your subcommittees. To put the CATAA-lyst in context, I’m including a overview of the weekly process behind it, the voting session agendas and the running order:
  • Tuesdays – a draft agenda is created for the upcoming week’s voting session after agenda submissions are received (noon deadline)
  • Wednesdays – Agenda Setting Meeting:
  • • After-action review of the previous day’s voting session, including resets of and follow-up on agenda items
    • Review of draft agenda for upcoming week’s voting session, including determining what items can go consent and time estimates for items requiring deliberation
    • Review of and edits (additions, rescheduling, etc.) to the CATAA-lyst
  • Thursdays – the voting session agenda & backup are posted on Clerk’s website and current CATAA-lyst is posted on online message board
  • Fridays – if needed, a revised voting session agenda is posted
  • Saturdays & Sundays – after backup is read, preliminary running order & time estimates are established
  • Mondays – running order and time estimates, including any requests for a “time certain,” are finalized, and any additional questions to facilitate the next day’s deliberations are asked/answered
On any day of the week departments can email requests for edits (additions, rescheduling, etc.) to the CATAA-lyst.

NO VOTING SESSION ON SEPTEMBER 5TH
Finally, I am pleased to announce that we are cancelling the voting session on September 5th; it will be our “skip” date for the third quarter. Plan for a happy Labor Day weekend and enjoy an easier re-entry the following week!

– SE
Travis County Judge Sarah Eckhardt
The administrator has disabled public write access.