Travis County Tax Assessor
24 Hours and Counting: Donít Miss The October 9th Deadline!
Citizens have just one more day to register to vote for the November 6 Presidential Election. With the Tuesday, October 9, 2012 deadline looming, Travis County voters are encouraged to review their current voter registration record online at www.traviscountytax.org or contact the Voter Registrar’s office at (512) 854-9473 to make sure they are registered to vote at the correct address.
“Efforts to register Travis County citizens have exceeded all expectations and have yielded some 62,951 new voters ready to cast a ballot in November. I predict that we will reach our goal of 650,000 registered voters by the end of this week,” said Travis County Tax Assessor-Collector and Voter Registrar, Tina Morton. “If you don’t act now to register, it will be too late.”
How can you register or make changes to your voter registration?
- Come in person to one of the five tax office locations during business hours. Find maps and driving directions to all of our locations at www.traviscountytax.org.
- Mail an application and make sure the US postmark shows Tuesday, October 9th OR EARLIER Find applications at area post offices, libraries or at www.traviscountytax.org
- Go online to http://www.state.tx.us/NASApp/sos/SOSACManager to update your name or address if you have moved within Travis County.
For questions about your voter registration status, registering for the first time or updating an existing voter registration record, early voting locations or Election Day polling places, please visit www.traviscountytax.org or call (512) 854-9473.
Travis County Voter Registration Facts as of October 8, 2012
- Number of Volunteer Deputy Registrars: 2,256
- Number of substation locations offering VR applications: 259
- Percentage of applications from DPS/Agencies: 41%
- Percentage of applications from VDRs/In Person: 26%
- Percentage of Mailed applications: 32%
- Percentage of Online applications: 1%
- Number of New registered voters since 1/1/2012: 62,951
- Number of citizens of Voting Age in Travis County (VAP): 779,229
- Number of registered voters in Travis County, October 2012: 620,831
- % of Registered voters in Travis County, October 2012: 80%
- Percentage of registered voters in other metro areas, Jan 2012:
Statewide Average (as reported by the Secretary of State January, 2012): 12,908,255 - 71%
1. Dallas 1,104,298 - 64%
2. Harris 1,884,489 - 64%
3. Tarrant 914,504 - 70%
4. Bexar 864,431 - 69%
5. Travis 585,821 - 75%
6. El Paso 368,476 - 66%
Last Modified: Monday, October 8, 2012 11:45 AM