Community Development Block Grant (CDBG)Follow us on Facebook
The Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) program funds housing, infrastructure and social services projects for residents with low and moderate income that live in the unincorporated areas of Travis County. Residents and non-profit agencies can help determine projects by providing project ideas and proposals.
CDBG funding comes from the U.S. Department of Housing and Community Development. The program provides annual grants on a formula basis to entitled cities and counties to develop viable urban communities by providing decent housing and a suitable living environment, and by expanding economic opportunities, principally for low- and moderate-income persons. Visit the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development web site for more information.
- Travis County is eligible for Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) funds for Program Year 2014 (PY14). A draft and summary of the PY14-18 Consolidated Plan and Action Plan for PY14 are now available for review. CDBG funds may be used for projects that benefit low-to-moderate income residents who live in unincorporated areas of the County or in the Village of Webberville. Per the Public Hearing notice, comments will be accepted for 30 days beginning June 27, 2014 at 8:00 a.m. and ending July 28, 2014 at 5:00 p.m. Additionally, two public hearings will be held on July 1, 2014 and July 8, 2014 at 9:00 am at Travis County Commissioners Court.
- Invitation to comment on Notice of Intent to Request Release of Funds for the Program Year 2013 Travis County CDBG Owner Occupied Home Rehabilitation Program
- Want to know which CDBG services you can apply for? Learn about our current projects.
- Community Health Assessment and Health Improvement Plan
- Turn in a project proposal
- Learn about the Recovery Act Project
I want to...
- Talk about the needs of my community
- Submit a project idea
- Learn about Housing Programs
- File a Fair Housing Discrimination Complaint
- Talk to someone about CDBG
- Receive CDBG news by e-mail
Last Modified: Thursday, June 26, 2014 10:40 AM