Community Development Block Grant (CDBG)Follow us on Facebook
The Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) program funds housing, infrastructure and social services projects for residents with low and moderate income that live in the unincorporated areas of Travis County. Residents and non-profit agencies can help determine projects by providing project ideas and proposals.
CDBG funding comes from the U.S. Department of Housing and Community Development. The program provides annual grants on a formula basis to entitled cities and counties to develop viable urban communities by providing decent housing and a suitable living environment, and by expanding economic opportunities, principally for low- and moderate-income persons. Visit the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development web site for more information.
- Invitation to comment on the Program Year 2013 CDBG Annual Report, also known as the Consolidated Annual Program Performance and Evaluation Report (CAPER). Invitation available in English and in Spanish. Comments will be accepted from November 24, 2014 to December 8, 2014, and at a public hearing on December 2, 2014. Copies of the draft PY13 Consolidated Annual Program Performance and Evaluation Report (CAPER) and the CAPER Summary are available for review.
- The County recently completed its PY2014-18 Consolidated Plan and PY14 Action Plan. The plan outlines strategic priorities and goals for the next five years (October 1, 2014 through September 30, 2019) and funding and projects for the next program year (October 1, 2014 to September 30, 2015). For more information visit the CDBG Consolidated Planning webpage.
- Want to know which CDBG services you can apply for? Learn about our current projects.
- Community Health Assessment and Health Improvement Plan
- Turn in a project proposal
- Learn about the Recovery Act Project
I want to...
- Talk about the needs of my community
- Submit a project idea
- Learn about Housing Programs
- File a Fair Housing Discrimination Complaint
- Talk to someone about CDBG
- Receive CDBG news by e-mail
Last Modified: Thursday, November 20, 2014 10:55 AM